Some runs home every other day; other runs home weekly.
Loads start in Cedar Rapids, IA and deliver regionally, approximately 500 miles away. Opportunities for longer freight are available for experienced drivers.
Being on-time to load and to deliver is an essential part of the job. Drivers must be self-starters, have discipline and the ability to communicate any possible delays before they occur.
- Higher than Industry Starting Mileage Pay (PC MILER PRACTICAL MILES)
- Paid on both loaded and empty dispatched miles
- GUARANTEED PAY INCREASE PROGRAM for those who qualify, up to $0.50 per mile!
- One week of paid vacation after 1 year of service.
- Detention Pay after 2 hrs loading/unloading.
- Weekly Home Time
- Opportunities to go through the house during the week
- Driver Referral Program
Full Time Benefits
Because our employees are important to us and the success of our business, Jensen Transport offers you and your eligible family members a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that includes:
- Peoplenet eLogs
- Driver App with Document Scanning
- 100% paid Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance – includes coverage at Mayo Clinic or Univ of Iowa Hospitals
- 100% paid Delta Dental Insurance
- 100% paid $15,000 Principal Life Insurance with the opportunity to buy-up to $60,000
- 401(k) funds are matched 100% the first 3% and 50% up to 5%.
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Ipass and Prepass
- Weekly Pay – Direct Deposit
- Trucks equipped with bunk heaters
- Inverters allowed at no extra charge!
100% paid benefits are for the employee only
50% paid spouse and child health coverage up to $300 per month
Dental coverage is available for purchase for spouse and/or child
Equipment – Assigned Trucks
Freightliner Columbia CL120 with 10 speed transmission
Minimum of 23 years old
Minimum of two (2) years tractor – trailer experience
Class A CDL with tanker endorsement (No Hazmat)
Get and maintain insurability with insurance company
Clean MVR, Drug Screen and background